Peter Jamieson

There's an automatic one - I like to think of the process as being:
a. Word makes a copy of the mail merge main document, and processes all the
fields in it until it reaches the end, moving to the Next record whenever
there is a NEXT or an appropriate NEXTIF and so on.
b. If there are any more records, Word moves to the next record and does
(a) again.

Peter Jamieson

"helios" wrote in message
Don't I feel silly now. I did have one Next Record, and as soon as I
deleted it, all of my records merged. I should have tried that earlier.

Now my question is: is there a hidden or automatic Next Record command
that I'm missing? I've deleted the only one I inserted.
Thank you, Peter.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Do you have any { NEXT } ( Next record ) fields in your mail merge
main
document? If so, you may have one more than you need.

Peter Jamieson
"helios" wrote in message
I am merging an Access 2000 parameter query into a Word 2000 form
letter.
Everything seems fine, except only 4 of the 7 records I've filtered for
are
showing up--Only the odd-numbered records. I have another form letter
linked
to this query and my OS is XP, if that has any relevance.

The query is fine--it's the only reason I knew I wasn't getting all of
my
(7)
results in my mail merge document. When I run the mail merge, I have
"all
records" checked to merge. Aaaand-I've checked my filters in the mail
merge
helper: all blank.

I can get the even records to merge if I select to merge records 2
through
7
(or last record, I suppose). This is a bit annoying, though, and I
abhor
tedium. I really want to know WHY! If anyone has run into this before,
I'd
appreciate a solution.