Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
POP

Default Finding out where Office 2003 stores its setup information

Robert M Jones wrote:
What is the registry entry where Office 2003 Student and
Teacher edition stores its installation CD location please?
I have installed recently and have the original media, but
since then the CDROM drive letter has changed and will
probably change again as I tweak the machine further. I
will probably "copy" the CD anyway to another partition -
but wanted if possible once I have got all my drive letter
allocations settled down (new build, new OS, new
installation of Office) to alter the registry entry for
where Office was installed from.
Win XP Home edition SP2

Many thanks.
--
Rev Robert M Jones, Wimborne Baptist Church, UK
http://www.wimborne-baptist.org.uk

It's not just one location, and it's not just in the Reigistry.
The only right way to do it is to uninstall it and then reinstall
it to the drive you want it on. Probably a much faster way to do
it, too.

There are some software apps that can change a drive letter and
the rest of the data accordingly and with fair success.
Partition Magic seems to be rather good at it if you have that.

Pop