Raven

Default Saving a merge letter changes previous letters

I have Word 2003, as we just migrated to WinXP. I have a form letter with
merge fields as a template. When I try to use the mail merge wizard and edit
to add a new recipient and save the letter, it looks ok. If I then close the
letter after I've "saved as" and look at it again, the personalized info is
gone, and they all look like the first one I typed. The other secretary said
to edit the data source directly, but it's doing the same thing. What is
this doing? I don't have time to re-write letters again and again because it
won't save what I just bloody typed!