Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
KJ KJ is offline

Default Formatting mark

No, it's not the "end of cell marker". I do have "end of cell" marks and
they're right where I want them.

The mark in question wasn't listed on the link you showed. Another way to
picture it, is instead of a combination of a capital "C and a capital "E", is
as a capital "C" with an equals sign, "=" , through the middle of it. The
equals sign goes through the spine of the the C's curve.

These are some sort of alignment mark because when I try different
alignments inside the cells in questions, (top, middle, left side, etc) the
symbol moves to that location. I can't find any info on them, though.
Besides the "Help" pages, I went into "Word Options", then "Display" and
looked at the "Always show these formatting marks" section. Other formatting
marks are shown, but not that one. (I keep the box checked so all formatting
marks are shown.)

Any ideas?

KJ

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is this not the end-of-cell marker (U00A4)? If you zoom in, does it look
like that? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm for an
explanation of most formatting marks (there may be new ones in Word 2007,
but I doubt it).

"kj" wrote in message
Is there a list somewhere that shows all Formatting Marks and their
functions
in Word 2007? I'm muddling through doing a table and I have a mark that
looks like a cross between a "C" and an "E" that's causing problems. It
starts out where it is suppossed to - at the top and in the center of each
cell. In some of my table cells I don't see it after adding the cell's
contents (a picture with a caption). Sometime the little stinker moves
from
the top center of the cell to the bottom center. When it moves to the
bottom,
it throws off the size of the cells by the heighth of the symbol. How can
move or delete it? I've got 2 cells together that are doing it and the
only
fix I've found so far is to ungroup the picutre from the caption and I'd
prefer to leave them grouped.

I've noticed that when the contents of the "problem" cells are grouped, I
get an anchor symbol at the bottom of the grouped objects. The cells I
don't
have problems with have the anchor at the top of the picture/caption
group.

How do I fix or move the funky C/E or the anchor?

KJ