Smokey smith

Graham

Thankyou for your response. I am sorry for not providing sufficient detail.

My business deals with schools (1); Kindergartens(2); Child Care centres(3);
and Age Care(4). Each of these businesses are identifed in a field called
"orgtype"

What I want is to be able to give a different letter for each client type
when I run the mail merge.

The Bookmarks are stored in a separate document.

As I said the logic of the program is quite simple:

{if {mergefield orgtype} = 1 {includetext"C:\\Business\\Marketing\\marketing
letter.doc" Schools} {if {mergefield orgtype} = 2
{includetext"C:\\Business\\Marketing\\marketing letter.doc" Kindergartens}{if
{mergefield orgtype} = 3 {includetext"C:\\Business\\Marketing\\marketing
letter.doc" Child Care Centres}
includetext"C:\\Business\\Marketing\\marketing letter.doc" Age Care}

Even after updating the field and toggling the field codes I still get the
error. I hope this extra information assists in understanding my issues.

Peter

"Smokey smith" wrote:

My business deals with 4 different types of clients and I want to send a
different mailmerge letter to each client.

I have written a letter with some common text and the parts of the letter
that are different for each client type I have in separate bookmarks in
another document.

Each different type of client is identified by a field called orgtype.

The logic of the program is quite simple - a nested if statement.

My difficulty is as part of the true condition I insert {INCLUDETEXT "C:\\My
Documents\\[Business Name]\\Marketing\\clientdata.doc" [Bookmark]} and end up
with an invalid file name error.

HELP