Smokey smith

Graham

Your assistance is greatly appreciated! I have changed the bookmark names
and ensure that they match with the names that are stored in the document and
still get the error.

Do you have any further ideas?

Peter

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

It is difficult to troubleshoot a conditional field if you don't post the
whole code - and what are the bits in square brackets? Are they supposed to
be fields or are they simply to disguise a client? And what's the nesting
for?

The simplest plan would be to set either the bookmark names to match the
orgtype field content or to use orgtype to reflect the path. You don't need
the further complication of a conditional field.

e.g
{INCLUDETEXT "C:\\My Documents\\{mergefield
orgtype}\\Marketing\\clientdata.doc" Bookmarkname}
or
{INCLUDETEXT "C:\\My Documents\\Clientname\\Marketing\\clientdata.doc"
{Mergefield Orgtype}}

You will need to toggle the display to show the field result and update the
field before merging to a new document, or you will get a file or bookmark
error message (which you report that you are getting).

Smokey smith wrote:
My business deals with 4 different types of clients and I want to
send a different mailmerge letter to each client.

I have written a letter with some common text and the parts of the
letter that are different for each client type I have in separate
bookmarks in another document.

Each different type of client is identified by a field called
orgtype.

The logic of the program is quite simple - a nested if statement.

My difficulty is as part of the true condition I insert {INCLUDETEXT
"C:\\My Documents\\[Business Name]\\Marketing\\clientdata.doc"
[Bookmark]} and end up with an invalid file name error.

HELP