Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
pbirn

Default Endnote numbering at section breaks

I want my endnotes to begin at "1" at each section break, but each time I set
it up that way, it does go 1,2,3, for a while but then suddenly "bounces
back" to continue the numbering from the previous section. I don't
understand why this is happening.

Also I find that when I set "Section Break, Next Page," that doesn't remain
for very long. The next time I look it has somehow got mysteriously changed
on its own to "Section Break, Continuous."

Is there some problem?
--
Phyllis