Joseph Geretz

Default Help! Can't open documents in Word 2003

We have thousands of documents which were developed in previous versions of
Word. When we try to open these in Word 2003 we get the following error:

Word was unable to read this document. It may be corrupt. Try one or more of
the following:
* Open and Repair the file.
* Etc...

When I use Open and Repair I get a dialog box which says Errors were
detected in the file, etc.. and lists one error as 'Text Boxes 1' (whatever
that means).

One way or another, I need to get this fixed up so that our users can access
their documents.

1. Is there a software patch for this? I am currently running Word 2003
(11.5604.5606)

2. Is there a way that I can fix up all my documents programmatically? Is
the Open and Repair function available via the Word automation object model?

Thanks for your help!

- Joe Geretz -