Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brian Ronk

Default Word 2000 opening some documents slow

I have a strange issue at work where there are a few people who, when they
open certain documents, it takes a minute or more to open the file. We have
profiles set up here, and can log in at any computer. For one of the people,
we tried creating a new profile, but that didn't help. I'm using the old
profile though for testing, and when I logged on at my computer, and opened
the file, it took the usual minute or more to open. But, when I opened the
same file logged in as me, it opened right up, with maybe a slight hicough.
I can't think of anything that would do this, and I can't find anything
either. It has to be something in the profile that does it, but I'm not sure
what. Any thoughts?