Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Steve Steve is offline

Default Floating toolbar

May I take it, then, that there is no way of getting a floating toolbar in
the 2007 version?

I sure miss that.

I had a couple of other handy buttons on the toolbar, also.

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

That's a distinct possibility. 'Dumbed down to the lowest common
denominator!'

Terry

"Rojo Habe" wrote in message

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
news

I never did understand why Save and SaveAs were assigned shortcuts that
way around, because if you open a new document and execute a simple Save,
it opens the SaveAs dialog anyway because you have to assign a name. So a
single click F12 to Save makes much more sense.

I think it's designed that way to make it slightly harder to overwrite a
document by accident. If you accidentally hit the F12 key you're
presented with a dialog which you can just cancel. It's far more unlikely
(although not impossible, I'll admit) that you'll accidentally hit S or
F12 whilst simultaneously holding down the Shift key.