CyberTaz

Hi John-

Do you have the latest Intellipoint driver? If not you can get it he

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/i...splaylang%3den

You may still run into the same type of problem I have on the Mac where I
use a Tracball Optical... the new driver may not provide the same feature
support/settings as the earlier driver. See which one provides the preferable
Property settings.

Good Luck |:)

"JohnE" wrote:

I have just installed word 2003 over word 2000. In word 2000 when I pressed
the wheel button on my microsoft intelipoint track ball optical mouse I
could control the automatic spped of scroll by moving the ball on the mouse ,
Now that I have installed word 2003 I can only get two speeds , either stop
or flat out. Mvement of the ball either stops the scrolling or switches it to
flat out.

Any advice please on how I can control the scroll speed in the way that I
had on wiord 2000 and the way it is shown in the Quick Start guide for the
mouse.

Thanking you in participation