Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default Final Showing Markup view

Hi ?B?TG91aXNl?=,

I have been sent a document by a colleague and they have had the 'tracked
changes' feature applied to it at some stage in the past which obviously
shows all the changes that have been made to this document. However, I am
now trying to Forward this to other colleagues via e-mail and even though I
change the view to 'FInal' and ensure the TRK feature is not active, when
they get the document at their end, it automatically opens it in 'FInal
Showing Markup' view, so they can see the changes too.

How can I get Word to permanently open this document in the 'Final' view so
other people cannot see what changes have been made? It's driving me

This is a system-specific setting, not something you can control in individual
documents. The setting on the recipients' machines controls what they see.

You MUST accept/reject all the changes in the document (or a copy of it)
before sending it on in order to ensure the recipient will not see them.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org