Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Final Showing Markup view

Changing to Final view and turning off Track Changes does not remove the
markup; it is still there for anyone to see. To completely remove it, you
must choose "Accept All Changes in Document" from the Accept Change menu and
"Delete All Comments in Document" from the Reject Change/Delete Comment
menu.

"Louise" wrote in message
Hi all

I have been sent a document by a colleague and they have had the 'tracked
changes' feature applied to it at some stage in the past which obviously
shows all the changes that have been made to this document. However, I am
now trying to Forward this to other colleagues via e-mail and even though

change the view to 'FInal' and ensure the TRK feature is not active, when
they get the document at their end, it automatically opens it in 'FInal
Showing Markup' view, so they can see the changes too.

How can I get Word to permanently open this document in the 'Final' view

so
other people cannot see what changes have been made? It's driving me

THank you for any help.

Merry Christmas.

Louise