Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default turn off virus scanning feature

It depends on your virus software. If you are running Norton AntiVirus, you
need to disable the Office Plug-in:

1. Open Norton AntiVirus (right-click on the Systray icon and choose this
option).

2. Click on the Options button at the top of the dialog.

3. In the Options dialog, click on Miscellaneous (menu on the left)

4. Clear the check box for "Enable Office Plug-in."

5. OK out and close NAV.

"jmc" wrote in message
I have a strong virus program, so I would like to know how I can turn off
virus scanning feature slowing down at opening Word. Macro Security level

is
set to Low.