Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Search and Replace

Much easier to do in Excel... just copy and paste to Excel, use a
concatenate formula to add the spaces, convert formulas to
values, and then copy and paste back into Word.

Johann Swart wrote:

I have many tables with hundreds of entries with the following pattern:
1ABC234DE. I need to place spaces between 1 and A, between C and 2, and
between 4 and D, in other words, the entry should be
1[space]ABC[space]234[space]DE. I intend to do a separate run for each of the
3 spaces.
For the first run, in Find and Replace, in the Find What line, I enter
(quotes not included) "([0-9])([A-Z])", and in the Replace With line, I enter
"\1[space]\2" with Use Wildcards selected. The result I get is 1A[space]BC...
.
What am I doing wrong, and is there a method of doing only one run to insert
all 3 spaces?
PS: If I should rather post this query in the Word Programming section,
please advise.