Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Outlook and Word 2007 not merging to email

If you were trying to merge using HTML format, can you try a plain text
merge to email (it can be a small one) ? One or two people have reported
that this unblocks things for them when they next try an HTML merge, and
it may show that /something/ works. I don't know why, but I have been
wondering whether it is one of those things where the behaviour is
different on "first use".

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

Cathy Allington wrote:
Hi All:
Went to show a client how to do a mail merge to email using Outlook
2007 and Word 2007 - but did not actually email!! No error messages,
just nothing in the Outbox or Sent items, and nothing was actually
merged. Running Exchange 2008 - tried on 3 other user PCs in the same
office - all fine. I've never come across this - any ideas would be
really really appreciated thank you! Mail merge from OL to Word works
fine for letters!

TIA
Cathy Allington