Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scott M.[_2_] Scott M.[_2_] is offline

Default breaking passwords on discs containing Word docs

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
So what is the point of your post other than to raise argument where none
is required?

Hmmm. So you consider pointing out inaccuracies in a post trolling? Ok.

Well, despite your "I'm right no matter what you say." attitude, you aren't
right.

1. You say that software won't help open a password protected file. You are
WRONG, period.
2. You say that somehow emailing a document is not a safe way to transport a
document to its destination? I won't even begin on that one.
3. You say that because "just last week" there was a post about someone
who's data got corrupted on a flash drive proves that flash memory is
somehow less reliable than HDD memory.

All of these assertions are WRONG and there is ample evidence to show it.
Your argument that I am somehow trolling and providing diatribe just
bolsters my point that you aren't really interested in providing any
technical information, you just want to provide 1/2 answers to questions
that were not asked.

You were right about one thing. The question was answered after the first
reply, which was mine. Your posts have added nothing to the conversation:

1. You brought flash memory into the fray, when no one had asked about it.
2. You posted a link to a web page that, not only wasn't applicable, but
provided no course of action to help solve the problem.
3. You have resorted to slinging insults to someone who is making a
perfectly valid point about the mis-insformation you've provided.

Lastly, as someone who HAS been contributing to the MS NG's for well over a
decade, I do know that most of what you can garner from user posts here is
anecdotal evidence of a problem. Of course you will find post after post
describing some problem using Word documents in a Word Newsgroup. That's
because that's where people go to get problems solved. Just because you
find a lot of people low or out of gas at a gas station doesn't mean that
fuel tanks leak! And that is exactly the way you have come to your
diagnosis of flash memory, based on anecdotal information.

There is NO technical documentation of flash memory being any more volitile
than HDD memory when used correctly. ANY file can/will become corrupted
when the storage medium is disengaged while it is in use. To advise to
simply stop trying to access data on the storage medium doesn't address the
REAL issue and newbies reading such a post will walk away with the incorrect
idea that you shouldn't try to access files from a flash drive, when they
should come away with an understand of how to correctly use flash memory.

But hey, if you goal isn't to educate and simply to spread
misinformaiton - - good job!

-Scott