These aren't really styles--just "formatting." If you don't want to be
reproached by them, clear the check box for "Keep track of formatting" on
the Edit tab of Tools | Options.

"Hague2" wrote in message
news
Thanks Pat,
I've been deleting styles in my document 1 at a time. I was hoping I

could
get Word to stop applying new styles everytime I made formatting changes.
It's especially frustrating when you copy from one document to another,

you
bring everything with you. I've got a couple styles (Bullets) that I

can't
delete (the delete command is dull in color). When I ask for Bullets in

the
Toolbar, this very large bullet and font appears - not sure where it came
from, but it can't be deleted. I'd like some control over this. All I

can
think of is to be able to turn Styles Off.

"Pat Garard" wrote:

G'Day Hague,

There is a button (Styles and Formatting) at the extreme left
of the Formatting toolbar. Click this to see the Style and
Formatting Pane. Right-click a style, and choose Delete.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Hague2" wrote in message
How do you turn off Styles. I know you have to start with a Normal

style.
But everytime I add character or paragraph formatting a new style is
created.
The list gets longer and longer. I don't want to automatically apply

new
styles, unless I ask for them. I've removed the check mark "Define
styles
based on your formatting" in the AutoFormat As You Type Dialog Box.

Are the Styles displayed in the Formatting Toolbar's drop-down list

the
same
as the Styles and Formatting Task Pane? I want to delete the Styles

I'm
not
using. How do I do this?

Thanks