Holly on 97

So how do you get rid of all the Word styles that were used by the last one
in the document? I only use styles I created and don't need to see an endless
list of Headings. I deleted all of the ones that I could. I don't have the
toolsoptionformatting check box--perhaps b/c I'm on 97.

Thanks!

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

Uncheck the option to keep track of formatting. Note, you can't turn off
styles; if you are going to use Word, you are best off learning how to use
them instead of trying to fight them.
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/styles.htm
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Hague2" wrote in message
How do you turn off Styles. I know you have to start with a Normal style.
But everytime I add character or paragraph formatting a new style is
created.
The list gets longer and longer. I don't want to automatically apply new
styles, unless I ask for them. I've removed the check mark "Define
styles
based on your formatting" in the AutoFormat As You Type Dialog Box.

Are the Styles displayed in the Formatting Toolbar's drop-down list the
same
as the Styles and Formatting Task Pane? I want to delete the Styles I'm
not
using. How do I do this?

Thanks