Chad Harris

Ken thanks much. This clears it up and I appreciate it and the respnoses and
the links. Sorry Suzanne--will get you a word question the next time for
sure. Jim Byrd your links will come in handy for a lot of people and I
enjoy your site.

Best Chad

"Ken Blake" wrote in message
In ,
Chad Harris typed:

The question is how to delete a folder whose extension has three
dots. When the individual tried to delete it, he got the file is in
use box.

Almost certainly, the extension is *not* three dots. You're just seeing
part of the name, and the three dots is an ellipsis, telling you there is
more. Using My Computer or Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder
containing the file. Then move your mouse to the line above the list of
files, the line that contains the headings like "Name," "File Type," and
"Date Created."

Put your mouse cursor on the divider line that separates the "Name"
heading from the heading to its right and drag that bar to the right. That
will expand the size of the name field and permit you to see the full
name.

If he was unable to delete it, it was probably simply that the file was in
use.

Please reply to the newsgroup