Jerry Howell

Jay and Suzanne,

Thanks, your advice was brilliant. Between the two of you, I got what I
wanted.

Jerry

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 15:25:06 -0800, Jerry Howell
wrote:

I am trying to enter a section number in a header, but would like for the
section number to actually be 2 less than the Word Section Number. (The
first two sections are for a cover page and introduction letter). I have
tried to enter a field formula, but cannot figure it out.

Any advice?

Using Ctrl+F9 to enter the field braces, set up this nested field:
{ = {SECTION} - 2 }

An alternative, if you have the desired section number in a title at
the beginning of the section, is to use a {STYLEREF} field in the
header to pick it up.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman