Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PrScooter

Default default folder for Word 97 documents

Thank you for the info. I tried to modify it to My Documents and it said
that Word could not find that folder. I then tried c:\mydocuments and c:\My
Documents and without the C:\ I am not sure what I'm doing wrong.

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

In Word, click on Tools | Options | File Locations. Modify the
folder for "Documents" to whatever you want.

PrScooter wrote:

Is there a way to make My documents the default folder for documents created
by Word 97? It seems they are going to "winword", a subdirectory under
MSOffice. The comuputer was donated to us (a church) and has Windows 98 and
Word 97 on it. Thanks for any help you can give.