Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Default Create Form For Access Database

Ask around amongst your volunteers for someone who knows enough VBA to write
a macro to transfer the data from a Word form to a database. It's not hard
to do, but it's not automatic, either.

"Gordon Padwick" wrote in message
k.net...
I'm working with a non-profit organization to create a database that
records
volunteer activities. I've created the database in Microsoft Access and
it's
working okay. The problem, though, is that people have to manually
transcribe paper records provided by volunteers into the database.

Many of our volunteers have Microsoft Word and could easily use that to
record their activities.

Is there some way to set up a profile in Word that would make it easy for
individuals to record their activities in a file that could, subsequently
be
automatically imported into an Access database?

I've looked at Word's forms capability, but that doesn't seem to provide
what I'm looking for.

I'll appreciate any suggestions.

Gordon Padwick