Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
TCZynchros TCZynchros is offline

Default NOT MAILING - want to merge data into a single doc from an Excel s

How do I get around the inane "recipient" restrictions in Word to just do a
pure merge of data from an Excel spreadsheet into a Word doc with
mergefields? 2007 is making me crazy because it won't let you do anything
but a mail merge and I am trying to create a SINGLE document with multiple
mergefields and multiple records per field that will display all data in the
same document. I have set up an Excel spreadsheet with all of my mergefield
names as headers and all of the relevant data in the column beneath the
appropriate header. I have set up my Word doc with the mergefields and Next
record indicators in tables where I know I have more than one value per
mergefield. How do I get Word to stop trying to create multiple docs with
the merge data?