Default After using underscore, how do I eliminate automatic line at b

What I am saying is that you posted a reply that unnecessarily provided (a
portion of) the answer already provided. By posting a reply to Greg's post
(rather than to the original question post), you suggest that Greg's post is
inadequate.

"jem01354" wrote in message
Suzanne, are you asking if I (jem01354) looked at the referenced article?

If
you are, actually, no I didn't (although I can see that it might look like

did.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Did you look at the referenced article? This is just what it says.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"jem01354" wrote in message
To get rid of it click in your title then go to Format Borders and

Shading
€¦ in the preview window you should see a bottom border line; click on

it
remove it), then click OK. To stop it happening again go to Tools
AutoCorrect Autoformat as you type and deselect Borders.

"Greg Maxey" wrote:

See:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...tRidOfLine.htm

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Frustrated Secretary wrote:
I am using Word 2000. I am creating a centered title, return, and
then use the underscore key to draw a line the full width of the
page. However, Word wants to change the underscore to a different
type of line which I cannot eliminate. I can use the return key

and
move it down the page, but I cannot eliminate it. When I reach

the
bottom of the page, if I use Ctrl-enter to make a page break, Word
again enters that stupid line. How can I stop this, and how can I
eliminate the lines it has already created????