Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Anne P.

Default page numbers/header-footer issue - sections non-consecutively numb

If it jumps from Section 4 to Section 7 in Headers and Footers, you have
Continuous section breaks in the document.

Anne P.
"jef" wrote in message
I am working in a doc that was originally scanned text - 96 pgs. I have
isolated the problem to four consecutive pages with differing
header/footer
numbers. Jumps from "section 4" to 7 to 11 to 15. The conventional ways of
numbering/restarting, etc. are not working. I can't figure out how to
change
the section numbers in the hdr/ftr. In the format view, I took out all the
unnecessary section breaks that had scanned in. NAd have tried to connect
sections to previous. Some worked, others did not. Any thoughts?? Been
totally stumped by this and cannot complete the project. Thanks~Jamye