Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark Feldhamer Mark Feldhamer is offline

Default contacting the server for information

Your problem may be from a template that resided on another server. If so,
here's the solution for word 2007:

1) Select the windows icon at the top left corner of Word
2) Select the "Word Options" button in the bottom of the menu page
3) On the Word Options screen, select "Add-Ins" from the left menu
4) At the bottom of the Add-Ins screen, in the "Manage" drop down, select
"Templates" and hit the "Go" button.
5) If the document template points to the other server, blank out that field
and hit the "OK" button.

I hope that helps!

"Kristy Walker" wrote:

I have copied text from a website and pasted it into Word. I keep getting the
message "contacting the server for information" while the document freezes
for 10-15 seconds. This happens repeatedly. How can I stop this? I do not
need the document tied in any way to the original website, nor do I need any
tie to HTML. (The file is saved as a DOC.)