Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Can I stop Word from deleting my text when I type in front of it?

Hit the Insert key one time. You're currently in overwrite mode.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Ashley Autumn" Ashley wrote in message
For some reason or another, Word will decide to start deleting my text
when I
type in front of it. Meaning, I already have a sentence typed, like "My
name
is Ashley," and if I try to change it to, "My first name is Ashley," the
word
'name' starts to delete itself as I type the word 'first'. How the heck
do I
stop this? I've tried saving the file, closing out of it, and then
opening
it up again, but that won't work! Ahhh! What do I do?