Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Terry A[_2_] Terry A[_2_] is offline

Default Double space after sentence (Word 2000)

That is exactly what I did before. Thanks Don, for jogging my memory and
also the link to Words Tips.

"Don Ellis" wrote:

Interestingly, I noticed your question because I was about to ask for
a recurring macro that would replace all occurrences of two spaces
with one (and then stop), rather than the simple search-and-replace
multiple times that I'm doing now.

In searching Google, here's the first link I found (which may help
you):

http://wordtips.vitalnews.com/Pages/..._a_Period.html

Since the advent of word processing programs with proportional type,
there is an argument to follow typesetting rules (1 space) rather than
typewriting rules (2 spaces).

http://www.itcfonts.com/Ulc/4111/Top...adcampaign=IMP

I leave it to you.

Don

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 15:06:03 -0700, Terry A Terry
wrote:

I did set my documents to have two spaces after a puncuation mark but I don't
remember how. I thought it was in Tools/Options but I don't see anything in
Word 2003. Does anyone know how to set the default for two spaces after a
sentence?

"DAL" wrote:

I'd like to set up my MSWord 2000 document so that there are two spaces after
a sentence. The default seems to be a single space after a sentence. Is there
an option to set this so it happens automatically. I couldn't find anything
under the AutoCorrect feature.