Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Is it ok to print a Word document from a USB flash drive?

Well if the temp locking file was placed in your temp folder, how would
someone else with access to the same folder on the server be aware that the
document was already open and stop them from opening and editing the
document at the same time as you. Chaos would reign.

Terry

"LurfysMa" wrote in message
On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 06:50:03 +1000, "Aalaan"
wrote:

The answer is certainly no. Word makes use of various temporary files as
it
works (excuse pun). Saving to portable media is invariably too slow and
files get easily corrupted. You *may* be OK loading *from* but why not
just
get into the habit of copying to the main hard drive and always working
from
there?

This is yet another bug that we have had for so many releases. I guess
M$FT is too poor to fix bugs.

The temp files should all be in a temp directory, not cluttering up my
personal folders and certainly not written to floppies.

And there is no excuse for a M$FT application using the M$FT file
system to ever crash or have corruption.

This is just ****ty code. It would not get a passing grade in an
undergraduate programming course. Total BS.

--
Running Word 2000 SP-3 on Windows 2000