I would advise you to give yourself the benefit of every possible source of
information about your document, especially text boundaries (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/RevealCodes.htm), to help determine
whether the table has somehow actually gotten into the footer or perhaps
into a page number frame. I would strongly advise not using Insert | Page
Numbers to insert page numbers (this inserts the page number in a frame);
insert them directly in the footer instead (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...lyIndented.htm)

Also, in a recent document with similar-sounding problems, the cause turned
out to be that a huge chunk of text at the end of the documents had gotten
into the Endnotes section. I suggest viewing your document in Normal view.
If you can't see all of your table, there's a good chance it's gotten into a
footnote or endnote (or a text box).

"Barb R." wrote in message
I have several documents that display the header of tables correctly, but

the
body of the table is displayed in the footer. In one case, it was the

last
page of a table that spanned several pages that exhibited this behavior.

believe that at least 2 of these documents had to be "open and repaired"
recently. All documents were originally created in Word 2002 and were

being
viewed in Word 2003.

What I found was that if I removed the footer for the offending section,

the
table was displayed properly. If I put a footer back in, the table
displayed incorrectly again. I've also noticed that the footer of the
previous section includes a text box but the page number is not in that

text
box. Can someone explain what's going on and what needs to be done to
really FIX these documents.