Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default how do i remove documents from "recent document" list?

I guess that should work, but if you want to pick out odd items from the
list foir deletion, Greg;s recent file list editor does that effectively and
is available as an add-in from the link posted.

macropod wrote:
Hi Graham,

Presumably, if you change the line:
RecentFiles.Maximum = 0
RecentFiles.Maximum = 8
the 9th & subsequent items would be deleted from the MRU list. If so,
the OP might be better off to change the 0 to 1 less than the
unwanted item's position in the list.
Cheers

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
The list is stored in the registry at
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12\Wor d\FileMRU, from
where you can delete individual entries or
You can use the following macro which will reset the list to your
preset preferred number of displayed documents: Sub ClearMRU
Application.DisplayRecentFiles = True
listsize = RecentFiles.Maximum
RecentFiles.Maximum = 0
RecentFiles.Maximum = listsize
End Sub

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm
or to edit the list see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Recent_Files_List_Editor.htm

k8calkin wrote:
I recently renamed a file and can't get rid of the old file name on
my recent documents list. It's kind of bugging me. I'm using
Microsoft Office Word 2007 if that helps.