Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Problems running a macro under a domain login

Hi Tom,

The main thing that's different between a local user and a networked
user is that they have access to different Windows profiles. In turn,
that means that any files stored in one profile (in the subfolders
under C:\Documents and Settings\login A) aren't available to the
other profile (login B). That includes the templates in C:\Documents
and Settings\login A\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates and the
add-ins in C:\Documents and Settings\login A\Application
Data\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP.

I'd bet that Affinity's installer puts changes (templates, add-ins,
and/or modifications to Normal.dot) into one or both folders, but only
in the local user's profile.

If this is an important scenario for you, I think your only reasonable
course is to contact Quadramed and ask them for a solution.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 19:15:22 -0500, "thforum2003"
wrote:

We are working with a product called "Affinity" from Quadramed. It runs on
top of MS Word 2000 and has a customized macro that is run when the document
is completed. As far as I can tell, this macro saves the file and closes
Word.

The system runs fine if I sign in as a local administrator, but fails if I
try it as a domain administrator. I have used a program called TaskInfo to
try and identify which files are networked, hoping that moving them to the
local drive will resolve the problem but I haven't had any luck.

Can anyone tell me what is different between a local user's Word and a
networked user's Word? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom