Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Mail Merge and Excel data to print Labels

A good start would be to disable the Office plug-in in Norton AV.

G.Wee wrote:
Hi

I am using Word 2000 and had no trouble mail merging my Word with
Excel data until today. Steps used - 1) Open Word document 2) Click
on Word - Mail Merge 3) Get data (open data source) 4) Click on my
Excel data.......normally it works.
But today message came out "Word could not establish a DDE connection
to Microsoft Excel to complete the current task".

Please help...can't get Excel data into Word Mailmerge to create
Labels. I had just installed Norton Anti-Virus!

Many thanks