Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mike McCollister Mike McCollister is offline

Default Help With E-Mail Merge With Word 2007 and Vista's Windows Mail

OK. I have found that if I select my mail format to be plain text instead of
HTML then it works OK. That is fine as I want to send it as plain text.
However, I can't get the plain text option to stick when I close and open
word again. Any ideas on how to make this feature stick?

Thanks,

Mike

"Mike McCollister" wrote in message
I have been using Microsoft Word 2003 for a while to do some e-mail mail
merge with Outlook Express for years. Well, I just switched over my e-mail
to my Vista machine with Office 2007. For some reason Word does not see
that Windows Mail exists and that under the "Finish and Merge" button the
"Send E-mail Messages..." button is grayed out.

I did found this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918792

Now that I have done this the "Send E-mail Messages..." is not grayed out
but when I try to send something nothing happens. Windows Mail does not
seem to see that Word is trying to send an e-mail.
Anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks,

Mike