Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Help With E-Mail Merge With Word 2007 and Vista's Windows Mail

If you can find a crash ID (from Application Event Logs in the Event
Viewer), someone at MS may be able to find out if this is being
investigated.

Assuming something is actually crashing, that is...
--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Robin S" wrote in message
Hi - It is with Outlook 2007. Thanks!

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

NB, can you confirm that this is with WIndows Mail, or is it with Outlook
2007 (or another version of Outlook)?

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Robin S" wrote in message
I was able to send html script (links) in my word mailmerge in 2003.
With
2007 it doesn't want to send. After 25 it stops merging. Is this the
problem you were having?

"Mike McCollister" wrote:

Peter,

Thanks for checking this out. I guess that I'll have to live with it.

Happy new year!

Mike

"Peter Jamieson" wrote in message
In 2007 it seems to forget the setting for the document whatever
format
you save in.

Incidentally, this is probably because the XML schema for Word does
not
have an element or attribute that lets you specify the mail format.
At
least in Word 2003 WordProcessingML.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Peter Jamieson" wrote in message

AFAICS in Word 2003 Word remembered the setting for the document,
but
otherwise defaulted to HTML. A closer look tells me that that
worked
if
you saved as .doc but not as .htm or .xml. In 2007 it seems to
forget
the
setting for the document whatever format you save in.

So no, at the moment I cannot see a way to make this "sticky."

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Mike McCollister" wrote in
message ...
Peter,

Thanks for the info. Sending as text makes it work.

Right now my main problem is Word 2007 not remembering that I want
send as text after I close and open Word. This was not a problem
in
Word
2002.

Mike

"Peter Jamieson" wrote in message
If you are trying to send HTML format e-mails they will
/probably/
just
disappear because Windows Mail cannot cope with them and (AFAIK)
does
not flag an error. Outlook Express does the same. With text
format
or
"attachment" format the emails should at least get through to the
email
program.

(FWIW here I have Vista + Outlook + Windows Mail and HTML mails
were
sent via Outlook even when I tried to configure things so that
emails
went via Windows Mail. Plain text went via Windows Mail)

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Mike McCollister" wrote
in
message
I have been using Microsoft Word 2003 for a while to do some
e-mail
mail merge with Outlook Express for years. Well, I just switched
over
my e-mail to my Vista machine with Office 2007. For some reason
Word
does not see that Windows Mail exists and that under the "Finish
and
Merge" button the "Send E-mail Messages..." button is grayed out.

I did found this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918792

Now that I have done this the "Send E-mail Messages..." is not
grayed
out but when I try to send something nothing happens. Windows
Mail
does not seem to see that Word is trying to send an e-mail.
Anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks,

Mike