Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do you create a form with a header which has a form field in i

You can use a StyleRef field in the header to pick up data entered in the
form. Note that a REF field (cross-reference) will not update automatically
in a protected form--requires a macro to update it. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm for details on how to use
the StyleRef field.

http://word.mvps.org

"epetersen" wrote in message
I've tried to create a form with a header including a form field and it
won't
allow me to do it. Even if I take the form field off the header, once the
form is ready to populate, the header can't be accessed. What I'm trying
do is have a client's demographic info appear in the header of a clinical
note so that it would appear on all pages of the document. Is there
another
way of doing this? If not, can we populate a field in one spot on the
document and have it automatically copy to another area of the document?
Thanks in advance for your help.
EP