View Single Post
  #7   Report Post  

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklineenthusiast View Post
Hi Suzanne,
Thank you so much for your thoughtful and inspiring input on these Microsoft draft black lines. I've been curious about this black line for many years now. Every time I accidentally open Microsoft Word in print view I hasten to change it back to draft to make sure the black line is there. Is there anything you can tell me about the history of the black line???? Have not been able to find much literature on this topic. Please respond - your credentials with MS Word seem very encouraging to me.
Suzanne,

I find this post both insulting and damaging to the prestigious wordbanter.com forums. Clearly Mr./Miss blacklineenthusiast is attempting to ingratiate his/herself to a knowledgable forum moderator who clearly has much better uses for her time.

I personally have and always will HATE the afore-mentioned "black line under cursor". I open up drafts on my computer all the time, and every SINGLE one of them starts with this stupid insignificant black line under the bottom of my cursor. It stares at me unblinkingly, and when I try to highlight and delete this ******* child of an underscore and a smudge mark, Microsoft Word 2006 (one of the finest programs in the entire Microsoft oeuvre) simply WON'T allow me to erase it. I've tried pressing enter over and over, but it just moves further down the page...at this point, I'm ready to blindfold myself and type, just to avoid seeing it rear its wretched pixels in my direction.

In closing: **** this ****, **** blacklineenthusiast, and ESPECIALLY **** the black line under my cursor. But Suzanne, you're wonderful. Keep it up!