Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brenna Brenna is offline

Default Can't send as e-mail attachment

I use Outlook Express as well. When I do the same steps you stated, the
only option I can select is Internet Fax. The E-mail and E-mail as PDF
attachment can't be selected. I'm so very confused. It did work, but now it
doesn't. Not sure what happened. I truly appreciate all you have helped me
with.
Brenna

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What email client do you use? I use Outlook Express, and when I choose
Office Button | Send | E-mail, I get an email message with the document
attached.

When you downloaded the PDF add-in, did you choose Run or Save? If the
latter, you need to navigate to the folder where you saved the .exe file and
double-click to install it. When I did that, I got PDF as an option on my
Save As menu.

"Brenna" wrote in message

Hi Suzanne. I tried everything you mentioned, however, I still can't send
document from my Word to an e-mail recipient. I also downloaded the
add-in,
and it doesn't show up either/ to save as pdf. I'm at a total loss. It
was
working last week, but now it isn't.
Thanks.
Brenda

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In Control Panel | Internet Options | Programs: E-mail, choose the
appropriate program, then click OK.

"Brenna" wrote in message
Thanks. I have downloaded the add-in and it doesn't work. How do I
set a
mail client as default?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Office Home & Student doesn't come with Outlook, so you must designate
another mail client as the default. No version of Office 2007 comes
with
PDF
support built in. You have to download the free add-in from

"Brenna" wrote in message
I have MS Office Home & Student. I am unable to send my document as
an
e-mail attachment. Also, I can't save as PDF. The options are not
available. On the send option, the only one I can use is fax. How
can
fix
this?