Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Can I create a new table style based on a table in a document?

The workaround is this: In W2002 and 2003 and presumably W2004, do not set
any font properties in the table style. Use paragraph styles to format
table text instead.

Pam

kaeup wrote:
FWIW I have experienced the same issue with Word Mac 2004. I had changed the
Normal font to Garamond 12. Try as I might, I was unable to create a table
style using Myriad Web 10 as the table font. It always ended up being
Garamond 12. In the style creation dialog, a 10-pt font size wasn't even on
offer. The only solution that worked was to re-designate TNR as the Normal
font and then PRESTO! everything worked. I was able to create a table style
based on Myriad Web 10-pt as the font. If you still want to use a font other
than TNR you can then do as I did, and make Garamond the font for Body Text.
PS I'm not an "expert" user but have long hours of frustrated experience
trying - often unsuccessfully - to tame Word to make it do what I want. It's
not always obvious.

My experience with Word 2003 is that I can select Arial 10 but it doesn't
stay selected - the box is empty a moment later.

[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]

- Jessica