Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Anita Taylor Anita Taylor is offline

Default Data Link Properties Dialog Box

I've got a computer with Office 2003 installed. Anytime the user tries to do
a mail merge using an Excel file as the data source, a Data Link Properties
box appears.

If we cancel the box, the message "Couldn't find installable ISAM" appears.

I've tried this with existing Excel files as well as a brand-new one. I've
logged in under different profiles to the PC and still have the problem.

I've tried following instructions in article 829072 for disabling the
hyperlink warning messages, but I'm still having the problem.

I've already reinstalled (chosing COMPLETE install) and run current critical
Office updates. Anyone know what's causing this or have an idea how to fix?