roderickgatt roderickgatt is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx View Post
I've been using the numerical citation style however my numbers are not
appearing consecutively, even after reselecting the style.
The problem is when I cite a source in an image caption without using it
main text. The number ordering follows through the main text, then starts the
document again numbering through the captions following on from the last
number used in the main text.
Is it possible for Word to recognise citations without missing out the
citations initially?

Hi Lx,

I am having the exact same problem with citations in captions not being numerically in line with the rest of the text. All I do is first insert a caption for the image, then I insert a citation in the caption. However the numerical number starts counting after the main text.

Have you managed to solve this? Any help would be greatly appreciated