Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default Cross Referencing Mailmerge Bookmarks

Instead of using bookmarks, I would use DOCVARIABLE fields and have your
code assign values to the variables and then update the fields in the
document. That way, you can have as many of each DOCVARIABLE field as you
want.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Brian" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi Doug,

Thanks for you reply. I guess I used the word mailmerge a bit
casually. I have an app that uses an oleobject that opens a word doc
behind the scenes and looks for specific bookmarks. It works fine for
each bookmark, but I am unable to cross reference to that bookmark in
the event I want to have the firstname to appear twice in the document.
So it appears that the bookmarks are surviving the execution step, but
I can only use those values once.

Thanks,
Brian