Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default Individual merge letters - add-in error

Doug will no doubt be along later to correct me if I am wrong, but in this
case the Microsoft Outlook 11.0 Object Library reference is for Office 2003.
If you look up tools references, you should find the Microsoft Outlook
10.0 Object Library. Check that one and save. If that doesn't fix it I think
we need to wait and see what call Doug is using from that library. Let us
know either way as my web site will need a note to reflect the changes
required to fix this.

C. Cunningham wrote:
Okay, you might need to bear with me, because although I'm an
experienced Word user, and have created tons of complex merges with
embedded IF statements, I've never actually gone into the VB editor
before yesterday, so this is a new world for me, and I might not use
the proper terminology.

I turned off the add-in, and opened the template, but the add-in was
still turned on. I can't get the change to stick. I unchecked the
add-in again and opened the VB editor. I went to ViewProject
Explorer and opened the "Modules" folder, under which I have two
files "Module1" and "Printers". I also have a "Class Modules" folder
which contains the file "Merge Application".

When I select any of the 3 files, and select DebugCompile
TemplateProject, I get an error message that reads:

Compile error:
Can't find project or library

After clicking OK, it takes me to the References - TemplateProject
Dialog box and the Microsoft Outlook 11.0 Object Library reference is
preceded by "MISSING:".

According to the help files, I should browse my system to look for the
missing reference, but I don't know where to look.