Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Mail Merge and Incorrect Formatting

Use an If...then...Else field construction to test for the value in the
field.

{ IF { MERGEFIELD PROD } = "N/A" "N/A" "{ = { MERGEFIELD PROD } * 100 \#
"0%" }" }

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Chi" wrote in message
Good Morning Macropod,

It woks wonderful! Sorry I have more questions. In my % field, there is
some
"N\A" text so that It got some €œ! Undefined Bookmark,N". Would you please
show me how to make it displays N\A instead of "! Undefined Bookmark,N".

Thanks
Chi

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Chi,

To control percentage formatting in Word, add a formula and numeric
picture switch to the mergefield. To do this:
.. select your mergefield, which will look something like «Percent»;
.. press Ctrl-F9 to wrap another field around it, thus - { «Percent» };
.. edit the field so that you get {=«Percent»*100 \# 0.00%};
.. position the cursor anywhere in this field and press F9 to update it;
.. run your mailmerge.

As per my previous post, the number of 0s after the decimal point
controls the precision.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Chi" wrote in message
Hi Macropod,

Excellent! Thank you very much! The problem is fixed!

Would you please also show me how to fix the % formatting?

In Excel is -17.0% and it appeared -0.1695323549869793 in Word

Thank you!
Chi

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Chi,

What you're seeing is what is actually stored in the Excel cell.

To control number & currency formatting in Word, add a numeric picture
switch to the mergefield. To do this:
.. select the field;
.. press Shift-F9 to reveal the field coding. It should look something
like {MERGEFIELD MyData};
.. edit the field so that you get {MERGEFIELD MyData \# $,0.00} (or
whatever other numeric format you prefer - see below);
.. position the cursor anywhere in this field and press F9 to update
it;
.. run your mailmerge.

Note: The '\# $,0.00' in the field is referred to as a numeric picture
switch. Other possibilities include:
.. \# 0 for rounded whole numbers
.. \# ,0 for rounded whole numbers with a thousands separator
.. \# ,0.00 for numbers accurate to two decimal places, with a
thousands separator
.. \# $,0 for rounded whole dollars with a thousands separator
.. \# $,0.00;($,0.00);'-' for currency, with brackets around negative
numbers and a hyphen for 0 values

The precision of the displayed value is controilled by the '0.00'. You
can use anything from '0' to '0.000000000000000'.

If you use a final ';' in the formatting switch with nothing
following, (eg \# $,0.00;($,0.00) zero values will be suppressed.
Note that this suppresses 0s resulting from empty fields and from
fields containing 0s.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Chi" wrote in message
Hi,

I merge my letter (word) with Excel (data source). It runs fine, but
the
formatting of the number is changed in the mail merge's result.

Ex: in Excel under COST column, it was 322,756, but it is shown
322755.5 in
the final letter.

In the Mail Merge Recipients window, I also see the number's
formatting
changed in there.

Please help
Thanks