Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Trouble creating bookmarks

Note that if you have used Word's built-in headings for your section titles,
or if they are autonumbered, they are already bookmarked. In the
Cross-reference or Hyperlink dialog, you will see them listed under
"Headings," "Numbered items," or "Bookmarks."

"donotspam"
@discussion s.microsoft.com wrote in
message ...
I have an existing Word 2002 document that I want to create a bookmark for
every subsection. I did not create the document and it is a document that

has
evolved from Word 4 (back in the olden days) to Word 2002.

When I select show/hide I see the follwing text for a subsection bookmark:
Bookmark:204B. I do not understand why I can't take the existing

subsection
text and create a bookmark.

I select Insert/Bookmark. I then get a Bookmark dialog box. I add the
bookmark and there is nothing that shows that I added a bookmark to the
document.

What did I do wrong? This should not be this hard to do.
--
Bob