Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Killed and Excel and Word doesn't open any file

Have you deleted the building blocks.dotx file?

1. Close Word.
2. Go to your user building blocks directory (\Documents and Settings\user
name\Application Data\Microsoft\Document Building Blocks on Windows XP,
\users\user name\app data\roaming\\Microsoft\Document Building Blocks).
3. Go into any subdirectories and delete your Building Blocks.dotx file.
4. Reboot Word will regenerate the file for you.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Herbie" wrote in message
refresh of beta 2007 - has killed my WORD and EXCEL -I'm out of business
I have tried with Norton dissabled - no help
I reinstalled it - it responded- program already loaded
I'm on 24/7 with no basic components!!!

"Edita" wrote:

I installed technical refresh for microsoft office beta 2007, now word
doesn't open any of my doc files.