Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ThaViper ThaViper is offline

Default WORD '07 BUG: COMPATIBILITY MODE FOR NEW DOCUMENTS

Hi there,

I got the same problem with the "save as default file format" option. We
push this option trough Group Policy. The setting takes effect on alle the
computers. I checked this by using the RSoP tool.

When I open Word and save the file then there's still the posibility to save
as 97-2003 file format BUT it is nog the default value of save file. The
default setting is Office 2007 file format.

When i set the options manual the problem's still there.

"funnybroad" wrote:

Thank you for your response, however, this setting does not "stick" for "All
Documents". Try this:

Office Button / Word Options / Advanced / Compatibility Options
In the drop-down list next to "Compatibility Options for", select "All New
Documents"
In the drop-down list next to "Lay out this document as if created in:",
select "Microsoft Office Word 2003"
Click OK

Now go back and check the same setting again. No matter what you do to try
to save the setting to "Microsoft Office Word 2003", it will always revert
back to "Microsoft Office Word 2007" for "All New Documents"

Another odd thing: If you select anything else (such as "Microsoft Office
Word 2002", "Microsoft Office Word 2000", etc...) the setting will be
retained after clicking OK.

At the end of the day, regardless of what this is set to, newly created
documents in Word will never open in Compatibility mode (as documented that
it should in the Resource Kit).