Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
deb deb is offline

Default Automatic Filename Update

A few years ago, I created a protected form which has a footer containing a
filename field that would update as a user copied and renamed the file.
Recently, the filename has not been updating. F9 works, but you have to
unprotect and resave the document, and when tested, also does not change the
filename when renamed to a new file. Also found a macro which works as F9
does. To do these steps would be like re-inventing the wheel. The purpose
of this form was to make it user-proof and setup up general forms for each
client we have - all a user needed to do was fill in specific info, such as
account amounts, and the form would update the filename and retain the basic
client info. Did Microsoft change something? And how can I get my nice
little feature back? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!