Fredrik Eide Nilsen

Default Paste special from Excel

Hi.

I'm making a Word template wich includes links to data sheets in an
Excel spreadsheet. I have problems understanding some of the things
that happens. I use Office 2003 btw.

Here's what I do: Open the spreadsheet and select the cells I want to
link to from Word. I copy them and paste them into Word with the Paste
- Special command. So far so good. But:

If I choose Paste as - Picture (or Office Excel Worksheet Object),
the size of the picture is corrupted in some strange way. It is wider
and shorter than the original in Excel. How can I make sure that the
pasted picture (or object) is exactly the same size as the original?

If I choose Paste as - Formatted Text, an extra paragraph mark is
inserted above the table. It does not behave as an ordinary paragraph
and when I try to delete it, the table is deleted too. Is there any
way to avoid this extra "paragraph"?

--
Fredrik E. Nilsen